Caring for your Invisalign clear custom aligners is easy. Here's a little about how to keep your aligners clean, clear, and in tip top condition.
The primary advantages of Invisalign orthodontic treatment are that the clear custom aligners are both removable and nearly invisible. To keep your aligners clear you'll need to follow just a few easy steps.
Whenever you remove your aligners be sure to store them in their case to avoid any damage.
Before returning your aligners to your mouth always brush and floss your teeth, and rinse your aligners under warm water or gently clean them with a soft toothbrush and mild soap.
In order to help keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear you can use the Invisalign® cleaning system once a day. The special Invisalign cleaning crystals help to remove plaque from aligners in about 15 minutes.
Here's how you use the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove your aligners and rinse under tap water.
- Place your aligners into a cleaning container and fill with warm water.
- Add one packet of the Invisalign cleaning crystals and gently shake for 20 seconds to dissolve the crystals.
- Allow your aligners to soak in the solution for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes is over, gently shake once more.
- Remove your aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot) and return your aligners to your mouth.
It's important never to use hot water on your aligners or they could warp, and don't forget to rinse out your aligner holder too.